This awesome holiday drawing was done by our son, circa 1995.
There are details here that deserve commentary:
- We built this house when Boy was a toddler, so there some things have received more emphasis than they might have from a child that didn’t witness quite so much construction for instance – light switches. As in, hey – we now have electricity!
- Yes, we did store kayaks on hooks from the ceiling. In our defense, it’s a very small house with very high ceilings and it seemed like a good idea at the time?
- Snow falls off that steep metal roof like king-sized mattresses being dropped from 40′. It sounds like thunder and was obviously a big part of his childhood.
- Our neighbors were often in the front yard, spoiling for a snowball fight. I don’t remember the Darth Vader get-up but it’s possible.
- My partner is a landscape painter. That painting hanging on the wall is a pretty good reproduction of a Robert Pollien.
May your season now be merry, and may you have joyous records of the time spent before!